Saturday, February 5, 2011

Really Really Free Market Chocolate Chip Cookies


I baked these this morning to bring to the Really Really Free Market, which was a phenomenal success and the most fun I've had in a long time. Lots of cool people hanging out and giving stuff away and finding beautiful things to take home. The cookies got eaten real quick, and the weird cake I baked a couple nights ago got all eaten up as well!

The recipe is jacked from Isa. I made a few tweaks, one of which is that I doubled the bake time because I don't have magic powers like Isa. Also, I forgot to soak nuts last night so in order to make mylk this morning I blanched the almonds, which resulted in a smoother, more subtle mylk and is something I'm going to take the time to do in the future. Peeling the nuts is annoying, though.

makes approx. 24

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1/3 c. canola oil
1/4 c. almond milk
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. almond pulp
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/2 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine sugars, oil, mylk, cornstarch, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Whisk with a fork until incorporated and thick (like caramel, says Isa).
3. Mix in 1 c. flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the almond pulp and oil, then mix in the remaining 1/4 c. flour. Add chips and you're done!
4. Scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper using the Tbsp. It should be lightly coated in canola oil from last use, making it easy to shake the dough out. Close pack 10-12 blobs on the sheet and bake for 12 min.
5. Remove the parchment paper to a table, cool for a minute, then transfer the cookies to a rack or cutting board to finish cooling. Place the parchment paper back on the baking sheet and fill up with remaining dough. Repeat process.

Yum! I'll have to bake something special for my roommate because she was super nice and let us use her car for the whole afternoon to bring stuff to/from AS220 downtown.


This girl didn't get to take the wheel home, but I think she might have gotten a cute red hat.


3 comments:

  1. I picked up a homemade bracelet and a t-shirt. At work last night I checked in a guy who went to the obscure Michigan high school I was apparently rep-ing.

    ReplyDelete