Friday, February 4, 2011

Ignorance Cake Challenge


Last night I decided to bake a cake instead of read for class. This is the second cake I've ever baked, and I did it without a recipe. I had a vague notion that tofu could be used for the "cream cheeze" frosting. Needless to say, this cake is not as good as something you could make from a tested recipe, so I'm not going to bother posting a recipe. Not that I could remember it anyway. There's flour, oil, a batch of chocolate soup, cocoa, sugar, tofu, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt, baking powder, cornstarch, almond milk, confectioner's sugar. It's a goddamn mess. It's super dense but not super chocolate-y or super sweet. That's probably a bad thing. But I had a lot of fun! I advocate messing around in the kitchen if you're procrastinating and have a little bit of disposable income.

First layer:

No comments:

Post a Comment