Friday, February 25, 2011

People Power Revolution Gauxt Cheeze


President of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos fled the nation after 20 years of rule, and Corazon Aquino became the Philippines' first woman president 24 years ago. Should sound somewhat familiar in light of recent world events. Power to the People!

I want to preface this recipe by saying that I'd never make fake goat cheese for myself. This took all kinds of time and was, quite frankly, a pain in the ass. (Cheesecloth is the devil's work.) But when I asked a friend of mine what was keeping her from committing to veganism, she said she really likes cheese (and crackers). So, good baketivist that I am, I put together this fake cheese log. It's not bad. It's not goat cheese. In other words, I don't think it's converting anyone.

I used this recipe with a little less salt than it called for. My oven's lowest temp. is 260F, but the cheeze definitely didn't overbake. I sort of rolled it in paprika and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment