Sunday, January 30, 2011

Forty-seven Ronin Bagels



The 47 ronin avenged the death of their daimyo, Asano Naganori, by killing Kira Yoshinaka 308 years ago. If you're not familiar with the story, check it out on Wikipedia. So much ritual suicide! All's well that ends well, including the story of my failed dough. I'm still surprised and delighted that cooking method #3 transformed the dough into something edible and appetizing: sesame seed bagels.

I referenced this recipe for the boiling and baking times, and next time I make bagels intentionally I'll probably use the whole recipe.

makes 3 

INGREDIENTS:

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Cut dough into thirds. Roll into a ball, punch a hole in the center with your thumb, and knead into an appealing shape.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop a bagel in and boil for a minute. Flip and boil for another minute.
4. Sprinkle top of bagel with white and black sesame seeds. Place the bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 min., then flip and bake for another 10 min.

I'm itching to make cream cheez, but I couldn't neglect the leftover patties and dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment