Sunday, March 20, 2011

March Equinox Black Bean Burgers and Brownies


It's the vernal equinox, folks, except I'm calling it March equinox because it's only springtime in the Northern Hemisphere. Thanks for the heads up on geographic sensitivity, Wikipedia!

Haven't posted recently because it's been a rough few days. There isn't gonna be any proper recipe in this post, because my dinner was the same sort of bean patty I've posted about previously. Black beans, corn, yellow onion, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, bread crumbs, vital wheat gluten, sage, tarragon, parsley, paprika. On the burger goes tomato, onion, sun-dried tomato-stuffed olives, baby arugula, and fried shiitake mushrooms. I'm sure I'm not the first person to overcook shiitake mushrooms, but it's a great idea if you want them to be like chips. And you do, because it's great.

The aioli I learned how to make Friday night when my friend cooked portabello mushroom burgers. Mix veganaise, olive oil, cayenne, garlic, and lemon juice. Delicious.


These brownies would have been fantastic if I'd just added a few tablespoons more sugar to the mousse frosting. These were chocolate-y but not quite sweet. Not a pleasant surprise.

Tiny Mix Tapes published an article I wrote a few months ago about Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's sort embarrassing how sincere it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment