Flavor Flav was born the same year as my dad. That's really funny for some reason. I'm not gonna post "Cold Lampin' with Flavor" or anything, y'all can seek that out if you want it.
This pasta was pretty good. I like the contrast between soft pasta and snappy vegetables, but you could always bake the veggies first. I meant to put in some black olives but forgot. You should use more onions if you've got em, too.
makes approx. 3-4 servings
8 oz. rice bran spaghetti
2 small red onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 beet, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
1/2 large parsnip, peeled and diced
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
5 oz. Vegan Gourmet mozarella
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
3/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. parsley
red wine vinegar
1. Boil the pasta for 2 min., then let sit, covered, for 20 min.
2. Sauté the onion in a pan with some oil. Add the garlic, followed by the beets. As you finish dicing the carrot and parsnip, toss those in.
3. Drizzle red wine vinegar over the vegetables, sprinkle salt and pepper. Turn up the heat a bit and let cook for a while.
4. Pour in the diced tomatoes with a little bit of water. Add the seasonings. Simmer for a while.
5. Cut the block of cheese into cubes and mix in.
From "Chips" in Reg Johanson's Courage, My Love:
& the letter from MasterCard: "We are unable to process your application due to derogatory information obtained from the Credit Bureau". / somebody's been talking shit about me / nobody appreciates a class traitor any more