Friday, January 13, 2012

Harold Shipman Meets the Same Fate as His 218 Victims Quinoa Dish


In 2004, Harold Shipman hung himself in his cell. He was 57, 16 years older than his youngest victim. Shipman was a doctor who killed his patients by administering heroin. I'm not sure how that sufficed, because he didn't totally whack them out on it. There must have been more to his methodology, but I'm not morbid enough right now to find out. ... Never mind, the Guardian claims that his method was always "a swift injection of diamorphine—pharmaceutical heroin." I guess that'll do it.

Haven't been updating much of late because I was home for a couple weeks and then moving. I'm now settled in my little room in a little basement in Bushwick. The little kitchen is a bit difficult to manage, but I'm going to try to keep up my cooking. Today's late lunch (4:30) was a strange version of edamame salad.

serves: 2-3
prep. time: approx. 20 min.

INGREDIENTS
2/3 c. tri-color quinoa (the best kind!)
1 can green pigeon peas (because pigeons are wonderful animals!)
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 shallots, sliced
juice of 1/2 lemon
cumin
coriander
dried basil
Bragg's liquid aminos
Sriracha hot sauce

DIRECTIONS:
1. Simmer the quinoa in 1 1/2 c. water for 15 min.
2. Saute the pepper and shallots in olive oil over medium-high heat for several minutes. Add the green pigeon peas and Bragg's.
3. Squeeze lemon juice; season.

Got the job application blues. May they give way to the salaried job greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment