Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Edward Albee Red Lentil Dal


Happy 84th, Edward Albee! Thanks for writing Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

At the end of the week I'll be selecting the recipient of a free copy of Veganissimo A to Z. Will I have to select a ghost or other supernatural entity? You decide!

I've been totally winging amounts of things when I cook, so unfortunately I can't provide any measurement guidelines.

serves: 3?
prep. time: approx. 40 mins.

INGREDIENTS:
sweet brown rice
red lentils
half a large eggplant, peeled and cubed
half a clove of garlic, diced
1 large tomato, chopped
water
oil
salt
tumeric
cardamom
cumin
coriander
cayenne

DIRECTIONS:
1. Simmer the rice until tender.
2. Sauté the eggplant in oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. When it starts to brown, add garlic.
3. After a couple of minutes, add lentils, water, and seasonings.
4. When the dal starts to thicken, add the tomato. I like it to get soft but not totally disintegrate.

That's all, friends! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment